Usability is the ease of use and learnability of a human-made object. The object of use can be a software application, website, book, tool, machine, process, or anything a human interacts with. After long research I’ve been see the general patterns of useful usability resources, so In this post, I’d like to highlight some of the usability resourecs links whicha contains useful cheat sheets and checklist.
- Usability.gov – The leading United States government web site for usability information
- Usability Professionals’ Association – Member-based association dedicated to promoting and advancing the development of usable products, reaching out to people who act as advocates for usability and the user experience.
- Usability Professionals’ Association UK – The UPA United Kingdom branch.
- UsabilityFirst Glossary – a dictionary of usability terms
- Sigchi.org – The Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction, which is a sub-group of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- Usability & User Experience – The Society for Technical Communication’s usability sub-group.
- Usability Net – The European Union project that provides usability and user centered design resources to promote usability in the EU.
- COI Usability Toolkit – The United Kingdom’s Central Office of Information’s usability toolkit web site, with information and forms and documentation for producing usable public sector web sites.
Usability Checklist Resources
- 15 Valuable Usability PDFs You Never Heard Of: This list of usability papers in PDF format will put you well ahead of the pack.
- 25-point Website Usability Checklist: A concise list of checkpoints to make sure your site is usable.
- Checklist for Usability Forms: This checklist is for HTML forms along with links to a few articles that are very helpful.
- Everyday Usability – 14-Point Checklist for Success: Kimberly Krause Berg fromCre8pc.com is convinced that a “tweak a day convinces visitors to stay.” Learn more from this short checklist.
- General Usability Checklist: This is a true checklist that assures users they don’t miss a trick in testing usability.
- How to Conduct Usability Evaluations for Accessibility: The Nielsen Norman Group offers these guidelines for testing Web sites and Intranets for users who use assistive technology.
- How to Improve Web Site Usability: This former SEO expert provides articles, checklists and a “bonanza of resources” for usability.
- Contents of Measuring the Usability Index of Your Web Site: Benjamin Keevil presented this information at the annual Special Interest Group on Systems Documentation (SIGDOC) conference in 1998.
- Practical Usability Testing: This article explains how to conduct testing, what to test and how to analyze the results.
- Quick Usability Checklist: A short list that addresses the most common usability problems.
- Sensible Forms: A Form Usability Checklist
- Test your Website: A 57-Point Checklist for Maximum Usability: You can go quickly through this checklist to make sure your design is up to snuff.
- The Blog Usability Checklist: If you think your blog is usable, you might check it against this 19-point checklist first.
- The Essential Website Usability Checklist: This is a 13-point usability checklist designed for Webmasters from DailyBits.
- Top 10 Web application usability guidelines & checklist: An easy-to-follow set of guidelines and a checklist for Web site usability.
- Usability: 456 Berea St. offers a series of articles that list accessibility guidelines in detail.